Welcome to Hamlin, Texas!Hamlin was named after a railroad official of the Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railway. Hamlin was named for Orient official W. H. Hamlin. The Orient reached Hamlin in 1906 and was followed by the Texas Central Railroad within a couple of years and by the Abilene and Southern Railroad in 1910. The arrival of the railroad was announced in 1902 and the first train arrived in 1906. The county's first gypsum plant was constructed six miles outside of Hamlin in 1903. Business boomed with the rail service, and the town included gins, a cottonseed oil mill, and a number of other businesses. Oil discoveries in the 1920s also contributed to the economy. The Hamlin Herald was first published in 1906 and still prints as of today. Hamlin would later gain its first and only hospital, Hamlin Memorial, in 1948, which is still operating today.
Area InfoHamlin Chamber of Commerce
Jones County Government
SchoolsHamlin Independent School District
Hamlin High School
Hotels and Real Estate City Guide
City Town Info